At the beginning of the program there was resistance by the police not to allow the agitators in the premises. We have made it clear to them that the lapses on the part of the administration that the 16th Feb,2012 notice of the union was yet to be acknowledged and 22nd Feb,2012 notice was answered in a negative sense which forced such agitation.
The FAST was commenced at 1030 am and was well attended by committed comrades about 140 members. Red salute to all of them and those who were instrumental for the success.
GIST OF DISCUSSION:
1. Contributory negligence and harassment of staff: After a long discussion it was assured by the CPMG that there shall not be any miscarriage of justice and appeals/petitions will be considered objectively and justifiably. It was reiterated that any discussion on disciplinary matter would be in contravention of rules.
2. Transfer policy: Instructions to allow transfers within Bangalore will be issued. Madam asserted that she is very liberal in her approach to consider cases of transfers and it was assured that Request register is being maintained at circle level correctly and assured to adhere to the instructions on the subject. On other issues it is decided to get response of the administration in black and white.
3. Compassionate appointment to GDS wards: It was agreed to defer the any such move till directorate instructions are received. We too have to bring pressure at CHQ level to expedite it.
4. Transfer of GDS: We have given several examples where sympathetic approach is emphasized, we advanced our argument that it is for the convenience of both staff and the administration that the official side to appreciate.
5. ROMC Bills: The adminstration claims that it is liberal in approach but officials are again asked to re-represent with facts for a re-look.
6. MACP denial: Asked to have discussion with DPS concerned on MACP cases initially and it was agreed
to do so.
7. CASUAL LABOUR: Our views are being looked into. Details of officials reinstated by CAT has been sought for and remedial action will be taken.
8. GPO mails and sorting Branch: Will be examined.
9.Harassment of delivery staff, postmen, speedpost GDS/postmen etc., Adhar related articles pressure etc: A detailed discussion was held in this regard where in it was assured to have discussion with both the DPS for a solution and necessary action. However it was conveyed by us that we are very serious at the work spot for prompt, systematic and efficient delivery of articles in time.
10. CBS work: Sought written communication.
Overall discussion was held in a congenial atmosphere and so it was decided to call off the agitation for the present. Shortly an extended meeting of the unions will be held jointly for review and action.
Ms.Hilda Abraham, CPMG and Sri.N.T.Gange, APMG from official side and Com.S.S.Manjunath, Com.V.Purushottam, Com.K.C. Annappa circle secretaries, Com. R.Seethalakshmi, Com.Chandraswamy, Com.M.S.B.R.Sindhya have represented from staff side.
OUR REVOLUTIONARY GREETINGS TO ALL WHO HAVE ASSURED IMMEDIATE SUPPORT EAGERNESS TO JUMP INTO ACTION EVEN WITH SHORT NOTICE.
HATS OFF TO YOU COMRADES FOR SUCH A CONFIDENCE AND MILITANCY WITHOUT WHICH WE WOULD NOT DARED TO RESORT TO EXTREME ACTION!
LONG LIVE WORKERS' UNITY, NFPE ZINDABAD, AIPEDEU ZINDABAD.